Saturday, January 17, 2009

Robots don't have hearts to break.

I have assignments to complete, a room to clean, groceries to get, books to order, and packages to send. I can't manage any of it right now.

Instead of doing practical things, I would much rather take my bike and get lost someplace, absorbing the sights, sounds, and smells of this city that I have come to love in my short time here.

I can't manage that, either.

Right now, all of my effort is focused on simply not being sad.

I miss home. Not the place, but the people there. I miss them dearly.

But I can't get excited about being reunited with them, because that reunion means my time in Kyoto is finished. And that--the end of the single most amazing thing I have ever done--will break my heart, if I let it.

So, this weekend, I'm doing my best to become a robot. Productive, not emotive.

Let's hope it works, or it's gonna be a long, stressful week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Robot or no robot--you are so amazing. I hope you have had some fun the past couple of days... I'll see you at I-House tonight.

claire brakel said...

wow.

that went fast!

enjoy your last semester at ic and the open doors that are waiting you when you cross the graduation stage.